So, let’s face it, hardly 1% of the people reading this blog post are below 18 years of age. Rest of you, like me, have crossed the 30-year mark a while ago.
Walking on the path to health transformation means that you need to eat healthily and exercise regularly.
When I turned 40, I started my health transformation journey.
My doctor advised me to start taking Multivitamins, Calcium, Omega 3.
Why do you need to take vitamin and dietary supplements during health transformation and weight loss?
In a nutshell, the benefits are:
- Increase energy levels
- Improve mood
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Improve short-term memory
- Maintain muscle strength
What are the advantages of multivitamin supplements during weight loss?
Multivitamins help reduce fatigue, provides energy to manage stress and keeps the individual in a positive mood. They also make up for minor deficiencies in one’s daily diet.
There are three science-backed findings on calcium’s role in weight loss:
Calcium helps you build strong, healthy bones and helps you lose that pesky pro-inflammatory belly fat at the same time!
The top 3 benefits of consuming calcium supplements are:
- It helps you burn more fat
- It helps your body get rid of fat (through stools)
- It makes you feel fuller for longer
Benefits of Omega-3 for weight loss
The omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil have various potential health benefits, one of which is aiding weight loss. More importantly, fish oil omega-3s may help you lose inches and shed body fat. However, studies have found these effects appear to be modest, and they may not apply to everyone.
The universally accepted research findings are that Omega 3 leads to better heart and brain health, reduced risk of depression and even better skin health.
People often ask me:
- Which is a good diet to follow?
- What diet do you follow? How did you lose 25 kgs in 2 years?
- What exactly do you eat?
As a thumb rule, I eat everything that you would allow a 5-year-old to eat in order to keep him/her healthy.
I have already touched upon this and more in my previous post: Evaluate facts about weight loss diets. What worked for me?
Word of Caution: Please consult your doctor
Please consult your health professional instead of self-medicating. Post the age of 35 there are a lot of things that need to be taken into consideration before popping pills. Your health professional will ask you to undergo a series of tests that will help him/her determine the type of supplements that you need to take and the quantity.
Taking my own example:
- Initially, my doctor prescribed Multivitamin, Calcium and Omega-3. Later he added Calcium with D3 & Zinc and Biotin to the list of supplements.
- When I joined sports and my activity level increased, my body used to ache and fatigue took over me. That is when the doctor added Glutamine powder for muscle recovery.
- At a later stage, my physiotherapist further added protein shake to my post-workout regime.
- Thus its always better to consult a doctor before you take any health or dietary supplements.
Stay tuned for more posts in this series: My secrets to health transformation
I really hope my post and the #BlogchatterA2Z series on my blogzine inspires you.
Do write in your queries, suggestions and comments. Would love to read and respond.
Dear Reader: You must know that I am not a healthcare expert and nor am I posing to be one through this series. I am sharing my personal experiences and journey. I urge you to speak to your healthcare professional before trying anything in this series.