Roshani Shenazz, Approved Holistic Therapist & Training Provider by IPHM, UK provides guided answers
I try hard to be positive, but my mind constantly thinks of negative things and I witness the negative outcomes manifesting in life. I am worrying most of the time without a reason. Why does this happen? And what can help me create better positive thinking?
A Very Worried Romila
Firstly at the onset, let me put you to ease that you are not alone in facing this turmoil created by our mischief-maker mind. It is a widely known fact which is witnessed that, most of the times the physical conscious mind focuses, on fears that may never come true, and worries over things that may have no backbone. It compels you to panic about matters that you don’t really want or want them to happen and matters that should not matter a dime in actuality. Yet its constant preoccupation with worry and negative chatter is an unpaid full-time occupation of the mind.
Negative chatter is a by-product of patterns that are formed through events in our life that have adversely impacted us. Notice that the depth of surety and deep faith we have in things going wrong is far stronger than thinking of a positive outcome to our situations. The reason being, negative impacts create deeper cavities filled with a pattern of conviction that gives you hard-hitting fear of the repetition of those older events.
So the imprinted pattern makes you have the deep-rooted belief that if you were cheated before, you shall be cheated again and again. It further strengthens, by the repetition of the pattern by manifesting it into the scary reality that you feared all the while. Each such time that you relive the old harmful chatter and conviction, it keeps manifesting until the pattern is healed and the lessons contained in them are learned and transcended.
Worry and fears are like a treadmill, you may be jogging there for an hour and the counter may show you X kilometers, but the fact remains that you are at the same spot. It creates an activity for the mind to keep busy without venturing out for solutions or even allowing the thought and possibilities of resolutions to come through. Many wonder, why all that is negative or that which they fear most of the time turn true, and that too in a far lesser gap from thinking about the fearful of translating itself into reality. This happens because cosmically all energy of negativity and density is running at a much faster pace than positivity. It is said that the cosmic dynamisms are divided between the polarity of Love based and Fear based energies, where the cluster of Fear based energies gives birth to unfathomably strong energy zones of anger, sadness, hatred, unforgiveness and the likes.
This is due to our collective consciousness and the collective karma accumulated over lifetimes of incarnations. This collective deluge tilts our cosmic energies to make negativity move at lightning speed and has a far deeper impact and imprints on our soul that last for years or a full life or if carried forward, the Sanskaras (mental impressions created through your thoughts, words, and deeds) will remain for many lifetimes.
You can experiment this by seeing the speed and clarity at which you can recollect a negative event or episode of your life v/s a positive episode of your life. The former will almost play like a videotape making you at times even feel the same emotion even if it is after decades. The latter may take time to bring the positive cinematic pieces together on the screen of your mind. The day you feel you are going to get late, is the very day that you shall experience maximum signals and obstructions along the route.
Here are a few analogies to explain the speed and impact of destructive events v/s optimistic events, transformation or healing.
- Take for instance a bout of food poisoning episode that may occur in an instant of eating something wrong (negative impact), but the complete recovery of the same may take a few days (progressive positivity).
- It may take years of good friendship to develop into love, faith, trust etc. but a single word, moment or action is capable of ruining it and making each one totally become amnesiac about the good times shared together.
- It may take one fall or sprain to create a fracture but would take weeks for the cast to heal it.
That is how the imprint and speed of negativity works. Thus it becomes more imperative to daily practice shifting our focus to things that truly matter and that which are positive, fruitful and productive. Here is a quick mindful exercise that you can do as a daily drill to bring your awareness to silent the damaging internal chatter, clear the clouds of worries, anxieties etc. that fog or fear you and reprogram the mind to only operate with reloaded new positive software.
Before you sleep do the following:
- Write down the things that preoccupied your mind that day / since few days, from the garbage list of destructive mind babble.
- Try and jog your mind to give you, 1 or more reasons or causes connected to each of them.
- Write next to it whether each of those reasons is in your control or not with a Yes or No.
- If any of them is a Yes, write what you would want to do, in case you had absolutely no limitations to correct it in your life.
- Then write the baby steps towards that and approximate timelines you think you can achieve this transformation. Don’t have any worry about this or rattle your mind on perfecting these timelines. (In case you cannot think on this step 5, feel free to skip it.)
- If your answer is a No; (that it is not in your control) try to think what had triggered, to make you worry about it in the first place. That trigger would have roots to your old patterns and events that may have contributed in creating these patterns.
- Run through the thread of similar events to know the pattern that it has formed.
- Once you feel better with the awareness and knowing that you have the power to create the change, then say the following affirmations as applicable to you. You can say one or all if you so wish to. Even during the day when you have fearful or unswerving thoughts, keep affirming all or any of the below affirmations to yourself and immediately try to think of that very thing in a positive light.
- “I am a life-affirmative person.”
- “I trust that I am safe and protected at all times.”
- “I only have promising, positive and fruitful thoughts at all times.”
- “My mind is like a clear sky, where positive intentions are like shining stars.”
- “I feel secured, loved, wanted and appreciated at all times.”
- “My positive thoughts and intents translate to optimistic outcomes and positive reality of my life.”
- For more impact, you can even daily write these affirmations, 10 times each.
- Then pray to God and the Angels to protect you at all times, release the day and connected negativity, hurts, arguments etc., if any, and get ready to sleep with the intrinsic faith that tomorrow shall come with its own confidence to help you to live it through.
- With this have a good night’s sleep each day, knowing you can do better because you have now shifted your focus and reprogramed your mind to only give and receive positive commands.
- Over a period of time, you would have a good laugh on your silly mind for concocting the unnecessary.
To end this I share with you, a very poignant quote of Meher Baba that culminates with extreme clarity, about what worry and negative chatter actually does to us.
Meher Baba says; “There are very few things in the mind which eat up as much energy as worry. It is one of the most difficult things not to worry about anything. Worry is experienced when things go wrong, but in relation to past happenings, it is idle merely to wish that they might have been otherwise. The frozen past is what it is, and no amount of worrying is going to make it other than what it has been. But the limited ego-mind identifies itself with its past, gets entangled with it and keeps alive the pangs of frustrated desires. Thus worry continues to grow into the mental life of man until the ego-mind is burdened by the past. Worry is also experienced in relation to the future when this future is expected to be disagreeable in some way. In this case, it seeks to justify itself as a necessary part of the attempt to prepare for coping with the anticipated situations. But, things can never be helped merely by worrying. Besides, many of the things which are anticipated never turn up, or if they do occur, they turn out to be much more acceptable than they were expected to be. Worry is the product of feverish imagination working under the stimulus of desires. It is living through of sufferings which are mostly our own creation. Worry has never done anyone any good, and it is very much worse than mere dissipation of psychic energy, for it substantially curtails the joy and fullness of life.”
May you and everyone reading this be blessed with a constant flow of blossoming thoughts and intentions that shower upon the garden of your life, creating an array of possibilities and opportunities for an abundant life. Stay Blessed ☀ @roshanishenazz 2019
If you have any questions about life & spirituality, please #ASKROSHANI on firstname.lastname@example.org or write your query in the comment section below this post.
Guided Answers by:
Written exclusively for: DiaryOfAnInsaneWriter
ROSHANI SHENAZZ is an internationally renowned Spiritual Medium, Guide, Mentor, Coach, Speaker, and Author. She is an Approved Therapist and Training Provider by the IPHM (International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine) U.K.
For personal sessions, group and corporate/institutional programs, workshops, meditations, and seminars contact email@example.com.
© Roshani Shenazz – All the divinely guided answers, comments and the guided techniques shared in #ASKRoshani, are a part of Roshani Shenazz’s Healing and Transformational Sessions, Meditations, Books, Manual or Workshops for all times in perpetuity.
(The quote of Meher Baba is the copyright of the Avatar Meher Baba Perpetual Public Charitable Trust, Ahmednagar, India – www.ambppct.org]
Disclaimer: We understand that the nature of this blog post is therapeutic, however, readers are requested to use their own discretion while implementing the tips in this post. This is not a sponsored or paid post. Roshani Shenazz wrote a wonderful piece in 2016 on Angels Predictions for 2017 – it was the most read article on DiaryOfAnInsaneWriter. We believe in her authenticity.