Many people wish to walk on the path of Health Transformation but constantly complain that they have no time to go to a gym or for a walk or visit a class. If you fall into this category, then this post is for you.
Over the past two years, I have been undergoing an amazing Health Transformation journey. One of the biggest positive influencers and source of motivation continues to be Fitness Guru, Avinash Khedekar. A while ago, through DiaryOfAnInsaneWriter, he gave us 7 Diet Modification Tips for assured weight loss.
This time, we urged him to give us a
Power Workout that people can do at home.
His motto is: Workout is my Drug and he is a proponent of daily exercise to build immunity and fight off diseases.
Avinash Khedekar says: “Regular physical activity can strengthen your immune system and help your body fight off infections and viruses. Aim for at least 30 minutes of physical activity for three days a week. This can include walking, yoga, aerobics, kickboxing, functional workout or other low impact workouts.”
A few pointers about the few simple Power Workout exercises given by Avinash Sir:
- Any person, across any age or stage of life, can do these
- Depending on Fitness level please adjust the repetitions
- Basic or zero fitness: start with 8 repetitions
- Moderate fitness level: start with 16 repetitions
- Fit persons: start with 32 repetitions
- Gradually increase the repetitions as the days go by
- Dedicate 180 to 300 minutes a week for exercise
- Without workout, you cannot strengthen your immunity
- Pair this routine with a proper diet plan
- Proper warm-up before starting is critical
- Thorough cool-down after you finish is very important
- Please wear the correct gear while exercising
- Play your favourite fast music
- Keep a towel, water and yoga mat handy
Set One of the Power Workout given by Avinash Sir:
- Jumping Jacks
- Easy Push-ups
- Sumo Squats
Set Two of the Power Workout given by Avinash Sir:
- Short Mountain
- Cross Cycling
Set Three (Yoga) of the Power Workout given by Avinash Sir:
- Surya Namaskar
- Deep breathing (1 minute)
- Kapal Bhati (1 minute)
- Anulom Vilom (1 minute)
- Om Chanting (3 times)
If done regularly, with dedication, these exercises will:
- Boost immunity
- Ensure weightloss
- Tone your body
- Strengthen your core
Are you at a total loss with your efforts to lose weight at getting healthy?
I really hope my post and the #BlogchatterA2Z series on my blogzine inspires you.
Do write in your queries, suggestions and comments. Would love to read and respond.
Dear Reader: You must know that I am not a healthcare expert and nor am I posing to be one through this series. I am sharing my personal experiences and journey. I urge you to speak to your healthcare professional before trying anything in this series.