Well, for starters, everyone knows that water is important for the body to function correctly and efficiently. Overall health and wellness can be negatively impacted if we don’t drink enough water.
While growing we were taught that drinking 8-10 glasses of water was essential for good health.
And, the naughty kids that we were, we followed the advice and drank water only when elders were watching. Unknowingly, it became a nasty habit.
We simply forget to drink water.
As I navigated through my health transformation journey, I began to understand the importance of drinking water.
WATER The Essential Life Force. Good, clean, pure water is second only to oxygen as the most important nutrient for sustaining human life.
There are multiple benefits of drinking water:
- Aids digestion and prevents constipation
- Carries oxygen and nutrients to your cells
- Helps stabilize blood pressure and heartbeat
- Supports healthy joints and joint function
- Helps regulate body temperature
- Potentially lowers the risk for disease in the future such as cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure, kidney stones, and stroke
Why is water important for fitness freaks?
- Water regulates your body temperature and lubricates your joints
- It helps transport nutrients to give you energy and keep you healthy
- If you’re not hydrated, your body can’t perform at its highest level
- You may feel tired, have muscle cramps, dizziness, or other serious symptoms
Best time to drink water to speed up weight loss?
- When you feel hungry
- When you are unwell
- Before a meal
- On waking up in the morning
- Before and after the workout
My secret to staying hydrated:
Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day. You will be able to prevent diseases, boost your metabolism and hasten weight loss. The health benefits of drinking adequate water are immense.
8-10 glasses minimum should be a daily goal.
- I drink 1-2 glasses of water when I wake up in the morning.
- During the day, I keep a bottle of water on the desk and ensure it is over before my day ends.
- I carry a bottle of water wherever I go and keep sipping it at regular intervals
- I drink water before my workout, during breaks and after the workout
- It adds up to 2 to 2.5 litres a day (roughly 10-12 glasses)
- During sports tournaments, I also have enerzal/electral/glucon D to hydrate and maintain electrolyte balance
I really hope my series #BlogchatterA2Z: My secrets to health transformation has been an inspiring and educational read.
Do write in your queries, suggestions and comments. Would love to read and respond.
Dear Reader: You must know that I am not a healthcare expert and nor am I posing to be one through this series. I am sharing my personal experiences and journey. I urge you to speak to your healthcare professional before trying anything in this series.