Those who follow DiaryOfAnInsaneWriter regularly would know about my health transformation journey and how I knocked off 23 kgs. Recently, Mumbai Mirror featured me for my NO SALT diet since then, I have been flooded with questions on how I manage to live without salt. I realised that readers want recipes for a NO SALT diet.
I thus wrote the FIRST PART of this series and received rave reviews, here is the SECOND PART of this series.
I am featuring one NO SALT recipe in this blog post. Do try it at home and share your experience with me.
Nourishing & Nutritious Stir-fry Veggies with Rosemary, Thyme & Lemon
I have loved stir-fry vegetables all my life. When I started my health transformation journey, I learned that most restaurants cook these in refined oil and add loads of salt to enhance the taste.
I decided to try the recipe at my home and add my own healthy twist to it. Now, remember, this recipe uses no salt so the likelihood of the veggies sweating is low and thus cooking time could be longer.
You can choose to cook in 1 tsp of olive oil if you wish. I swear by the goodness of homemade ghee and thus have used it in this recipe.
How to cook?
- Chop Carrots, baby corn, zucchini, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and water chestnuts.
- Take a handful of peas as well.
- Wash the vegetables under running water to ensure you get rid of all impurities
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil or ghee in a saucepan
- Keep adding vegetables in the order of what takes the most time to cook i.e. carrots and baby corn would go in first and cabbage last.
- Stir-fry on high heat for a couple of minutes, add rosemary and thyme leaves for zing and taste
- Now, here is the tricky part – I already told you that the veggies will sweat less because of the absence of salt. Cover the saucepan for just 2-3 minutes till the veggies are just about done. You don’t want to keep the lid on for long else the veggies will become soggy
- Remove from fire and squeeze a lemon
- Enjoy the heavenly taste!
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
I will be adding new recipes to this series as we go along. Do try them and home and let me know. If there are any specific recipes you want me to feature, do let me know, I will ensure I do so.
I am taking my blog to the next level with #MyFriendAlexa