Sarika’s story begins like any of the home-makers around you. After completing her B.Com from Gujarat, Sarika got married. She hails from a background where women are treated as third-world citizens. Her dreams of being an independent and successful person were crushed when she was married off at an early age. She kept the embers burning and nurtured her dream to become a mompreneur some day. An ideal mother, a perfect wife, best friend and exemplary – Sarika has every quality of a good-natured, contemporary woman. She supported her daughter’s dreams and ensured that she becomes an international level skater. Her relatives swear by her commitment to her family and husband.
But her story doesn’t end as a sad homemaker, here is a woman who made her dreams come true.
Sarika is lucky to have a circle of fantastic friends who force her to do her best – all the time. Today, years later, Sarika is a successful mompreneur and runs her dream venture, BAKE BY MOMZ with her friend, Varsha Wadhwa.
BAKE BY MOMZ says: “We Bake IT, You Take It!!”
They take orders for Exotic Delicious Brownies, Different Bread Rolls, Croissants, Flakky Puffs, Doughnuts, Cookies etc.
Tutty-fruity cake was one of the first recipes I mastered so that I could bake one whenever I wanted.
Since childhood, I love plain cakes with no cream at all. Maybe the child in me is still alive and that is why this is my favourite cake.
RECIPE FOR TUTTY FRUITY CAKE
Flour / maida – 115 gm
Powdered sugar – 115gm
Butter – 85gm
Eggs – 2 large
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Tutty fruity – 100gm to 150gm as per choice ( I used 150 gm)Method
– Sieve the flour with baking powder and keep aside
– Cream the butter till light and fluffy with an electric beater
– Add sugar part by part, continue creaming
– Beat the 2 eggs separately and add in the butter n sugar mixture
– Add vanilla essence
– Slowly add the flour n baking powder that was sieved together
– With the help of a spatula mix it by Cut n Fold method
– Sprinkle some extra flour on the tutty fruity so that while baking it does not sink to the bottom
– Mix properly so that there be no lumps remain, do not mix vigorously as it might lose the air we created
– Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 15-20 min
Note: the baking time can differ but we can cross check by inserting a tooth pick in middle of the cake. If the tooth pick comes out clean it means its baked. if not then can be baked again for 5-7 minutes.
Is there something you wish to share? Did Sarika inspire you to begin baking? Do let me know in the comment section.
– Mayura Amarkant
Do let me know whether you liked the recipe. Add a comment, like and share the post – show some love! Looking forward to your reactions!
Here are some more posts you can check out under the iReccomend Series:
- Yummiest Gifting Option!